Friday, October 1, 2010

Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Doctor of the Church

Loving Carmelite Nun, Advocate, Friend, Sister.

“He wants me to love Him because He has forgiven me, not much, but everything. He did not wait for me to love Him with a great love, like Magdalene’s, but made me see that He had loved me first, with an infinite providence, so that now I may love Him in return even unto folly.” 1

O Little Therese of the Child Jesus, please pick a rose for me from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love. O little flower of Jesus, ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands. (Mention your specific requests) St. Therese, help me to always believe, as you did, in God's great love for me, so that I might imitate your"Little Way" each day. + Amen.
Holy Mass this morning,
on the Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus.

+ We all have something in common with her - - love is our vocation. +

Can you spot her in the picture?

God is still at work in St. Therese of the Child Jesus.

God is at work in you!
________________
Sources:
1. The Story Of A Soul: The Autobiography of Saint Therese of Lisieux (Rockford, IL: Tan Books and Publishers, Inc., 1997), p. 57-58.
Pictures: Copyright JKP.
Cover of The Story of a Soul: Tan Books and Publishers, Inc.