Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jesus Wants To Be Received By Each One Of Us

Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity: He comes where He is welcomed.

A peek inside God Moments II: Recognizing the Fruits of the Holy Spirit (Joseph Karl Publishing, Fall 2011).


From Chapter 9 ~ Peace

“See, my children,
the grace of God converts everything into gold;
all our actions, even the most indifferent of them,
if animated by his Spirit, become works meritorious for eternal life.”

St. John Vianney


Jesus Wants to be Received by Each One of Us
Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity: He comes where He is welcomed.

I am not kidding you. This is how it went down.

More than five years ago but less than ten, my children and I moved into our new home. The name of our street has Mary in it. St. Joseph helped us find the house.

Just a few years before that, while we still lived at our other home, the good Lord invited me to attend daily Mass. He didn't command me to attend. Instead, He gently and very lovingly invited me. Even though I was a cradle Catholic, and strange as seems to me in hindsight, attending daily Mass was not something I had ever thought about or considered. However, I did have a great desire to draw closer to God, so participating in Holy Mass each day made so much sense!

One day soon after we moved into our current home, I happened to look at the big tree in the backyard. I so enjoyed being in the yard and looking at all the trees, plants, and flowers. I kid you not, there on the trunk I saw the image of a chalice. Behind the chalice was another chalice, and behind it was another one, and behind that one was another one, etc. The chalices went on forever. It was sort of like the effect you see when looking at an object reflected from one mirror into another; the image seems to go on forever.

I knew this for certain: God wanted me to receive not only the Body of Christ during Holy Communion, He also wanted me to receive His Precious Blood. Again, it seems strange now, but I had never even considered it.

Not long after that I was working at my computer and there on the screen was the command to type the words that were visible in the box in order to proceed. The words were "cup blood."

When God knows I am in need of confirmation or clarification, He always confirms what He wants me to do.

Does He do that with you as well? How has He invited you into greater Divine intimacy? Was that something that you, too, never even considered doing until He brought it up?

God our Father is always present in our lives loving us, guiding us, consoling us, and helping us, as a loving Father would.

Just last year I was at a funeral, and during Holy Communion, after receiving Jesus' Body, I approached the person holding the chalice with His Precious Blood. As I raised the chalice, something happened that I had never before encountered. Warmth emanated from the chalice, and I could feel that warmth on my face.

Later I shared the experience with a dear friend and Marian Catechist, and asked her what it meant. She replied, "He is living."

Our loving, living God wants to come to each one of us, Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity, during Holy Communion, and He comes where He is welcomed.

Michele Elena Bondi

+ + +

From the back cover of God Moments II:

In the sequel to God Moments: Stories That Inspire, Moments to Remember, Catholic authors, pro-life advocates, bloggers, home educators, a radio show host, speakers, a Marian Catechist, and publishers join author Michele Elena Bondi in sharing their encounters with the Divine through stories which encourage you to recognize the Holy Spirit working within you and through you. Experience the inspiring God Moments of Nancy Carabio Belanger, Belinda Bondi, Andre J. Bottesi, Rejeanne Buckley, Chris Capolino, Sharon Cecil, Maribeth Criscenti, Ellen Gable Hrkach, Gene X. Kortsha, Janet MacKinnon, Tom Mulcahy, Sean McVeigh, Paul A. Ray, Susan Schoenstein, and Jerry Weber.

May God Moments: Recognizing the Fruits of the Holy Spirit create a greater awareness of God’s unfathomable love for you and for every person, increase your understanding of the meaning and purpose of your life, and inspire you to greater virtue and deeper surrender to God.

Available Fall, 2011



__________________
God Moments II cover copyright 2011 Joseph Karl Publishing. Cover design by award-winning graphic designer Roseann Nieman of Niemanart Graphics. www.niemanartgraphics.com