Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why I Became Catholic

With God, all things are possible!

In an earlier posting, Paul Ray shared his amazing story of how the love and mercy of Jesus transformed his life (click on the following link to read it):

http://josephkarlpublishing.blogspot.com/2010/07/calm-that-conquered-storm.html
Paul is in the process of writing more about what came next, describing what led him to become Catholic. Here is an excerpt:

"John Henry Cardinal Newman once stated that, "To be steeped in history is to cease to be Protestant." Very few quotes ring louder in my ears than this. It was, and is, my love of history, my love for Truth, my desire to seek Gods face in and with all my being and above all else a humble obedience to Jesus Christ that has lead me to the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

"As was the case when Divine Providence interceded and the mercy of almighty God severed my slavery to alcohol, so was His hand in guiding me to where only He knew my heart would beat closest to His. Wherever my Redeemer was I longed to follow. Not withstanding the opposition I faced, I held on as best I could. After six long years of intense prayer, study and many a shed tear, I now find myself home where my Father always intended for me to be.


"By no means is my journey over. Far from it! It has only begun. What our Lord has stored up for me is not only extremely exciting but it also brings with it a strong sense of urgency. By way of faith, hope and love, therefore, I trust in Him to continually and to forevermore help me to be an instrument of His mercy and love so that more and more souls might experience for themselves a more perfect union of love with their Creator, and mine, through His bride, the Catholic Church."

Thank you, Paul, for sharing your story for the benefit of others.

God is at work in you!